Missouri is a state that is perfect for families looking for fun and exciting activities. With its vast natural beauty and a plethora of cultural experiences, the state has something to offer for everyone. From outdoor adventures to educational museums, Missouri’s top family-friendly activities are sure to make your family vacation a memorable one. Here are some of the best activities in Missouri that the whole family can enjoy:
- Silver Dollar City: Located in Branson, Silver Dollar City is a theme park that offers a variety of rides and attractions for the whole family. From roller coasters to water rides, the park has something for everyone. In addition, there are daily shows and demonstrations that highlight the cultural heritage of the Ozark Mountains. Kids can also enjoy the various crafts and activities available throughout the park.
- Saint Louis Zoo: The Saint Louis Zoo is one of the top-rated zoos in the country, offering a unique and educational experience for the whole family. The zoo has over 16,000 animals and more than 600 species, including rare and endangered animals. The zoo also offers a variety of interactive exhibits and programs, including the Children’s Zoo and the Sea Lion Show.
- Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum: Located in Hannibal, the Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum offers a glimpse into the life and works of one of America’s most beloved authors. Visitors can tour Twain’s childhood home, as well as his father’s law office and other historic buildings in the town. The museum also features exhibits on Twain’s life and works, including his most famous novels, “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” and “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.”
- Missouri Botanical Garden: The Missouri Botanical Garden is one of the oldest and most respected botanical gardens in the country, offering a beautiful and educational experience for the whole family. The garden has over 79 acres of lush gardens and exhibits, including the Climatron conservatory, which features a rainforest environment with exotic plants and animals. The garden also offers a variety of educational programs and events for children.
- Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield: Located in Republic, Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield is a historic site that played a significant role in the Civil War. Visitors can tour the battlefield, which includes a museum and interpretive exhibits that tell the story of the battle. The site also features hiking trails and picnic areas, making it a great place for a family day trip.
Missouri’s top family-friendly activities offer a wide range of experiences for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re looking for thrills and excitement or educational and cultural experiences, Missouri has something to offer. So, plan your next family vacation to Missouri and make memories that will last a lifetime.